1/4" Standard Wax Impregnated Flax Packing
Sold Per Foot PLEASE ENTER THE QUANTITY for each foot of rope packing. If you need 1 foot, enter quantity of 1. If you need 4 feet, enter quantity of 4. The rope packing is cut in a single length so if you order 2 feet, you will receive one piece that is 2 feet long. Thanks!
1/4" is standard on shaft seals with 1" shafts
Wax Impregnated Rope Packing for drive shaft and rudder stuffing boxes
Wax Impregnated Rope Packing for drive shaft and rudder stuffing boxes. One foot is usually enough to do a shaft log.
You need to cut 3 individual pieces that but connect and stuff each piece in one at a time (like 3 O-rings).
- 1/4" Packing for 1" Shafts - note: Use 3/16" For 1-1/8" Shafts
- One full Loop around a 1" Shaft will measure about 4-1/2" long
- Suggested 12-14 inches (3 loops) to re-pack a shaft stuffing box
- Sold per foot so PLEASE ENTER QUANTITY 1 or 2 for each foot of rope packing when checking out for the correct length.
- Tighten gland by hand.
- With wrench turn gland 1/2 turn forward then 1/3 turn back, three times. Back off, tighten by hand Then tighten jam nut to shaft seal gland tight.
- 1 drop of water every 10-15 seconds is what you want to see.
- PLEASE NOTE: All Cut to Length Items Sales are Final (No Returns)
Manufactured by Western Pacific Trading ( WPT )
Standard Flax packing is braided from flax roving and then impregnated with a generous amount of natural wax lubricant.
In use, flax packing has a limited life span as its fibers naturally degrade in seawater, and its natural lubricants break down from the heat generated by the rotating shaft.
This inevitably results in the packing hardening, shrinking, and leaking....at which point, it needs replacing
• Traditional, economical packing
• Rated to 176°F; rotation speed of 2,000 ft/min
• Color is yellowish-brown