Original Pela 650 6.5 Liter Marine Oil Change Pump
This Pela 650 marine oil change pump can reach the required vacuum power to pull the oil out of the engine with just 4 to 15 strokes. With a built-in float switch that automatically stops extraction as soon as capacity is reached, it also features transparent housing that allows permanent control.
This maintenance-free marine oil change pump has a see-through calibrated container that lets the user know how much oil has been extracted as well as neatly captures it, preventing spills.
- Transparent Housing
- Pour Spout For Emptying
- Automatic Shut-Off
- Built-In Float Switch Automatically Stops Extraction As Soon As Capacity Is Reached
- Just 4 To 15 Strokes In A Row To Create A Powerful Vacuum
- See-Through Calibrated Container Lets The User Know How Much Oil Has Been Extracted
- Capacity: 6.5 Litres (6.87 qts)
- Height: 25"
- Cylindrical Diameter: 6.25"
- Tubes: 3/16" & 1/4" OD, Length 47" each
- Extension Tube: Length 39"
How to Use the Pela 650 6.5 Liter Oil Extractor
- Warm up the oil by running the engine. This will allow the contaminates to mix and to suspend in the oil.
- Remove the dipstick. If you can't hole the dipstick comfortably in your hands, then the oil is too hot! Wait for the oil to cool off a bit.
- Select and insert the appropriate diameter extraction tube into the dipstick pipe until it touches the bottom of the oil pan.
- Connect the main tube to the top of the unit and to the extraction tube.
- Pump the handle 4-15 times in a row to start the vacuum. The unit will extract the oil automatically. Continuous pumping is not required.
- After the oil has been extracted, press the release valve located at the top of the unit for 5 seconds.
- Remove the main tube.
- When pouring the oil into a container, hold the pump as in the photo and pour gently. Do not hold it upside down!
- Bring the used oil to a recycling depot.
Note: No special cleaning is required on the unit. Just empty as much oil as possible (do not store oil long term).